Ramp up the tension and keep your readers hooked
About the Book
Expert thriller author and writing instructor James Scott Bell shows you how to craft scenes, create characters, and develop storylines that harness conflict and suspense to carry your story from the first word to the last.
Learn from examples of successful novels and movies as you transform your work from ho-hum to high-tension. How to:
- Pack the beginning, middle, and end of your book with the right amount of conflict
- Tap into the suspenseful power of each character’s inner conflict
- Build conflict into your story’s point of view
- Balance subplots, flashbacks, and backstory to keep your novel moving forward
- Maximize the tension in dialogue
- Amp up the suspense when you revise
Conflict & Suspense offers proven techniques to help you craft fiction your readers won’t be able to put down.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the page above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."